Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 26, 2011

Whee! Two whole days of records. With, wait for it...a recipe! And leftovers. We cooked a lot last weekend, what can I say?

Breakfast
Tea with milk and sugar
Nancy’s plain yogurt with a sliced apricot, almonds and honey

Lunch
Cherry tomatoes
Pita with leftover kebab meat and veggies and Alton Brown’s Tzatziki Sauce (admittedly more of an interpretation thereof, but quite tasty)

Snack
Banana Smoothie

1 frozen banana (I am obsessed with frozen bananas. It’s a little frightening)
1 T brown sugar
½ C plain yogurt
½ C milk
½ t almond extract (my latest food obsession- so tasty)
ice (you know how thick you want your smoothie- use that much ice)

Blend. Okay, so it’s not much of a recipe, and the measurements are more like guidelines than anything you’d actually use a measuring device for, but it is quite tasty. I promise.

Snack the Second
Pickle (not with the smoothie, that would be gross)

Dinner
Leftover pork burger with mustard on whole wheat bread (something along the lines of this recipe, but don’t use that much milk. Seriously. Doesn’t work. Especially if you’ve, say, subbed out two ounces of meat for two ounces of bacon like we did. Go ahead and do the same. I won’t tell.)
Steamed broccoli

Dessert
Apricot

No comments:

Post a Comment